A groundbreaking event for disability rights advocates to advance the disability rights perspective on bioethics issues:
Withholding Medical Treatment
Assisted Suicide Laws
[and more] … and developing our advocacy strategies on these issues
April 25 and 26, 2014
8:45 AM to 5:30 PM –
Participants are requested to stay
for the full two–day Institute
Crystal City Marriott, Arlington, VA
Across from Crystal City Metro
1999 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Arlington, VA 22202.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED Please register ASAP .
The Institute registration deadline is March 28.
The deadline for hotel registration
at the Crystal City Marriott is April 3.
Join us for this exciting and first–ever Disability Rights Leadership Institute on Bioethics (DRLIB), where disability rights advocates will gather for two focused days of learning, discussion, and honing our advocacy skills on the key bioethics issues facing the disability community in the United States (some speakers will provide an international perspective as well).
Speakers will include:
- Liz Carr, Comedian, Actor in a BBC drama series, and NDY activist from the United Kingdom
- Diane Coleman, President, Not Dead Yet (NDY)
- Marcy Darnovsky, PhD, Executive Director, Center for Genetics and Society (CGS)
- Dr. Kevin Fitzpatrick, Director, Euthanasia Prevention Coalition, Europe (EPC Europe)
- Marilyn Golden, Senior Policy Analyst, Disability Rights Education & Defense Fund (DREDF)
- Ari Ne’eman, President and co–founder, Autistic Self Advocacy Network (ASAN)