A self–directed health care training for aging and disability organizations presented in five modules. October 2014
Presented by Silvia Yee at Health Disparities Research at the Intersection of Race, Ethnicity, and Disability: A National Conference, April 25 & 26, 2013, Washington, DC
Presented by Silvia Yee, Senior Attorney, at the Jacobus TenBroek Disability Law Symposium, Baltimore, MD, April 2012.
- By Silvia Yee, Senior Attorney, August 2011.
DREDF documents barriers that are unique to people with disabilities in minority populations.
- Access to Medical Care for People with Mobility Disabilities US Department of Justice, May 2010
- Physical Accessibility in Primary Health Care Settings: Results From California On–Site Reviews
Nancy R. Mudrick, Mary Lou Breslin, Mengke Liang, and Silvia Yee, Disability and Health Journal 5 (2012) 159-167.
- Response to the data challenges of the Affordable Care Act: Surveys of providers to assess access to care for people with disabilities and the presence of accessible exam equipment
(Mudrick, N.R., Breslin, M.L., & Kailes, J.I., (2011, November 2). Presentation to the American Public Health Association. November 2011. (The article summarizing the research findings presented in these slides is cited above.)
Statement of the Problem, by Silvia Yee, Staff Attorney, April 2007.
DREDF’s short summary explanation (PDF)
- Using the ADA and Section 504 of the 1973 Rehabilitation Act to Increase Architectural and Programmatic Access and Accommodations
DREDF Legal position paper on Medicaid Healthcare Accessibility for people with disabilities, by Silvia Yee.
- Short visual representation of the theories or legal responsibility for healthcare access (PDF)
DREDF led a team that authored the report for the National Council on Disability. November 2009
- Structural Impairments that Limit Access to Health Care for Patients with Disabilities
Kristi L. Kirschner, MD, Mary Lou Breslin, MA, Lisa I.Iezzoni, MD, MSc, in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), March 14, 2007, Vol. 297, No.10 (subscription required)
Judy Panko Reis, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, Mary Lou Breslin, DREDF, Lisa Iezzoni, M.D., Harvard Medical School, and Kristi L. Kirschner, M.D., Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago. Published by the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago. February 2004
For more information about our healthcare work contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org